Category Archives: Community

Articles based on community feedback, or to promote discussion among the community.

Sunshine Blogger Award

A big thank you to Megan of A Geeky Gal for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award.

For the unfamiliar, these “awards” are an occasional community affair that give all of us writing for our own (and hopefully, your) entertainment the opportunity to  break free of our usual formats and give our readers and blogging comrades the opportunity to get to know us a bit better. Then we tag a few more people, and we can all find some great new sites to read. Everybody wins!

All right. Let’s see what’s going on with all this, then…

Continue reading Sunshine Blogger Award

Why Collect?

Collecting games is a major hobby for many people — whether they’re into modern titles or retro stuff.

Thankfully, although certain portions of the industry are trying desperately to push us towards an all-digital (or, worse, an all-streaming) future, there are still plenty of companies out there who understand that there is still very much a collector’s market: people want to fill their shelves with their favourite games, and they want cool goodies to go with them.

Why bother, though? Aren’t you just cluttering up your limited living space?

Continue reading Why Collect?

Around the Network

Happy Sunday everyone! Apologies for the quietness of the weekend just passed (including a lack of an Atari A to Z Flashback video) — I spent yesterday at Digitiser Live in London, so didn’t have much time to do anything else!

It was a really great day. If you’d like to find out more, check out my daily personal blog over on Patreon; suffice to say it was a pretty magical experience, and I’m glad I took the time to go and see that shambolic nonsense. Normal business will resume this week!

So, with that out of the way, let’s take a look at what you might have missed this week, then.

Continue reading Around the Network

Around the Network

And so, another week draws to a close, as Death idly sharpens his scythe, sighs (quite an achievement without any lungs) and goes back to watching the sands of time trickle away, one grain at a time.

But don’t you worry yourself about all that. There’s a whole load of things to catch up on first! We’ve got cute girls learning Esperanto, elf boys climbing cliffs and whip-crackin’ demon-slayin’ action, among other things. Plus, a new episode of The MoeGamer Podcast is on the way for you tomorrow!

So let’s dive in and see what you might have missed this week.

Around the Network

Happy weekend to you! We’ve just lit the barbecue so I’m typing this as we prepare for delicious smoky meaty goodness.

This week saw my less than thrilling return to the day job, but needs must and all that. As always, my various creative projects have been keeping me sane, and I’m really excited about the new Cover Game feature, as it’s something very different in terms of subject matter.

So without further ado, let’s review what you might have missed this week, then!

Around the Network

Good morning everyone! Apologies this is a day later than it usually is, but I spent most of yesterday travelling so just wanted to relax and unwind a bit when I got home.

As I type this, I’m enjoying the last day of my holiday, so it’s back to work tomorrow. I’ll be making the most of the day, for sure; I’ve got articles and videos planned, so I’m pretty sure I’ll fill most of the day even before Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Maker 2 enter the picture!

Later in the week, we’ll be kicking off a new Cover Game feature, too, but in the meantime let’s check out what you might have missed from my holiday week!

Around the Network

Happy weekend! And happy holidays to me!

Yes, for the next week I’m officially on holiday from the day job, and the wife and I are taking a nice trip to Center Parcs to rest, relax and possibly look at some owls. In the meantime, though, I have some videos queued up to post over on YouTube over the course of the next week, and I’m going to get at least some articles written while I’m away.

But we’re getting ahead of ourselves, aren’t we? Let’s see what you might have missed in the last week or so!

Around the Network

Happy weekend everyone! Hope it was a good one.

I’m winding down towards a nice holiday away from the trials and tribulations of everyday life, so as I think I’ve previously mentioned, there will be no new Cover Game feature until my return in early July. In the meantime, however, you can continue to expect the usual mix of modern and retro games and visual novels.

The site just passed the 1,000 post mark this week — let’s check out what you might have missed around this historic occasion!

Around the Network

Hello everyone! I hope you’ve had a pleasant weekend. Mine has been filled with gaming, cats and meat products, which I would say is a pretty optimal combination of things for my personal preferences.

I’ve spent some time recording some videos today so Atari ST A to Z will be back on Thursday (sorry I didn’t have time for an episode this week!) along with all the usual bits and pieces you can expect from my various projects.

For now, let’s check out what you might have missed this week…

Around the Network

Whew, it’s getting late! I’ve spent the day editing a particularly monster episode of The MoeGamer Podcast, so please look forward to that caressing your lugholes and eyeballs sometime tomorrow.

In the meantime, though, there is, of course, plenty of stuff here on MoeGamer for your reading enjoyment, as well as some videos for your entertainment!

Without further ado then, and before I fall asleep on my keyboard, let’s check out what you might have missed.