A game that was an enormous surprise to everyone when it was first announced, and an even bigger surprise when it turned out to be one of the best, most thought-provoking games of 2017, Nier: Automata picks up the narrative ten thousand years after Nier, on an Earth overrun with machine lifeforms and abandoned by humanity.
Cover Game Articles
Other Articles about Nier: Automata
Tips and Tricks
Here’s how to get all the endings. Note that endings F through Z are considered “bad ends” and will dump you back to the title screen without saving. Mild spoilers ahead!
- A: Beat the game on your first playthrough.
- B: Load your ending A clear file, then beat the game again.
- C: Load a clear file from ending B, C or D, then beat the game again, choosing A2 at the end.
- D: Load a clear file from ending B, C or D, then beat the game again, choosing 9S at the end.
- E: After seeing endings A, B, C and D, obtain ending C or D again, during the credits accept the request to perform a “data check”, then complete the minigame. This is much easier to do if you are online.
- F: Playing as 9S in Chapter 1, after Engels knocks you onto its back, let the timer run out during the repair sequence.
- G: Playing as 9S in Chapter 1, immediately walk to the crane and ignore your mission.
- H: In Chapter 5, ignore the order to intercept the Goliath by taking the path from Pascal’s Village to the Amusement Park.
- I: In Chapter 8, after defeating the boss in Copied City, walk away from 9S.
- J: In Chapter 9, when entering the factory and meeting the machines, kill them.
- K: In Chapter 6, you’ll receive an email with the subject “Jackass Fish”. Go visit Jackass at the Desert Camp to obtain the Mackerel, then eat it.
- L: In Chapter 10 while the Resistance Camp is being attacked, leave the camp.
- M: Playing as A2 in Chapter 14, don’t go to Pascal’s Village when it is attacked; instead run to the back of the Resistance Camp, Factory or Amusement Park.
- N: In Chapter 7, kill everyone in Pascal’s Village.
- O: In Chapter 11, run back towards the Factory instead of proceeding to the City Ruins.
- P: In Chapter 11, allow 2B to die from the virus.
- Q: In Chapter 11, after averting ending P, don’t go to 2B’s location and instead go to the desert or Resistance Camp.
- R: In Chapter 14, kill the peaceful robots near Pascal.
- S: In Chapter 17, abandon Popola and Devola after they attempt to protect you.
- T: Remove your OS chip.
- U: Self-destruct while on board the Bunker.
- V: In Chapter 17, when attempting to gain access to the Tower, stay and fight with Popola and Devola instead of hacking the Tower.
- W: Die during the prologue, likely by being shot down by the giant laser.
- X: In Chapter 11, when the game switches you to A2, run away instead of helping 2B.
- Y: During the questline “Emil’s Determination”, allow Emil to self-destruct.
- Z: In Chapter 14, kill Pascal instead of sparing him.