Category Archives: Community

Articles based on community feedback, or to promote discussion among the community.

The MoeGamer Top 10 of 2020

It’s New Year’s Eve! In fact, as I type this, it’s New Year’s Day in some places around the world, so if that’s the case, uh, happy new year, and I hope 2021 looks better than the rancid 12 months we’ve all just endured.

As is tradition for video gaming-related websites, it is obligatory for me to declare some sort of “game of the year” before 2020 ends, and as I’m someone who likes to be awkward and do things differently, I am counting “games of 2020” as “games I played and/or covered on MoeGamer in 2020” rather than necessarily “games that released in 2020”. My site, my rules — but hopefully you’ll find some fun things to check out along the way!

Hit the jump and let’s get started then — and note that these are (probably) in no particular order; I’m just noting them down as they come to mind!

Continue reading The MoeGamer Top 10 of 2020

Q&A: December 2020

Welcome to the second monthly Q&A session, in which S-Rank Patrons over on Patreon get the chance to ask me questions about whatever they feel like probing me on.

This time around, we ponder my outlook on Western games, Vtubers, forgotten games from the early days of the company we now know as Nippon Ichi, anime girl kinks and favourite games from least-favourite genres.

Enjoy the video below, and don’t forget to subscribe on YouTube for more. If you’d like to be part of the next Q&A, sign up to become an S-Rank Patron at my Patreon page here: https://patreon.com/petedavison

Around the Network

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you all had a restful holiday season and found yourself with some nice gifts… or at least some nice vouchers or cold, hard cash with which to treat yourselves!

With the world being as it is, we had a pretty quiet Christmas here, but it was still nice. We opened presents, had a nice dinner and then just chilled out for the rest of the day. Exactly what a good Christmas should be, so far as I’m concerned — no stress, no arguments, no rushing around, and lots of Sega Dreamcast.

There’s still been stuff happening on the site and over on YouTube, though, so let’s take a look at what you might have missed this week!

Continue reading Around the Network

A Very Merry Christmas! 2020 Edition EX Plus Alpha

Hello everyone, and a very merry Christmas to you all, unless you celebrate something else around this time of year, in which case happy whatever that is.

2020 has been a big challenge for everyone, so I hope over this most festive of holidays you’re able to take a step back from the chaos in the world and have a day or two of pure relaxation and enjoyment — preferably with family and/or loved ones if you’re in a part of the world where that is something you’re allowed to do!

This week’s posting schedule is a bit wonky due to holidays and the like, but you can expect the next episode of the Atelier MegaFeature tomorrow! In the meantime, let’s do the obligatory Christmas Roundup Post! Join me after the jump for some festive funtimes.

Continue reading A Very Merry Christmas! 2020 Edition EX Plus Alpha

Around the Network

Good evening everyone! Only a few more sleeps until Christmas, though it’s going to be a bit of a strange one for most people this year, I suspect — especially here in the UK where we’re dealing with Mutant Super Virus funtimes.

Anyway, there’s nothing like taking your mind off the killer virus in the air like some good old-fashioned video games, so that’s what I fully intend to continue providing you with over the holiday season. Articles and videos will continue as normal for the most part, though with Christmas itself being on a Friday I may take a break on that day and post the next part of the Atelier MegaFeature on either Thursday or Saturday. We’ll see.

But that is then, and this is now, so let’s see what you might have missed out on from the “then” in the other direction. Join me after the jump!

Around the Network

Greetings, humans, I hope you are well, and I hope you’ve had a pleasant week; I’ve actually had a rather good one, which is nice.

Christmas is fast approaching, so I hope you’re all stocked up on presents and aren’t having to brave the plague-ridden high streets to get the important people in your life some sort of tat they don’t need but which you thought they “might like”. If you’re struggling for ideas, consider an Evercade; they’re eminently affordable and there’s a massive library of retro classics to play on it now! Nonspon, or whatever the kids say; I just really like that thing.

Anyway, that aside, let’s check out what you might have missed in the last week! Join me after the jump.

Around the Network

Good evening! I’ve spent most of the day editing a new episode of The MoeGamer Podcast, so you can expect that tomorrow.

I’m not doing a full series of The MoeGamer Awards for the whole month this year — I might do some “[x] of the year” towards the end of December though — so the upcoming episode is very much a “best of 2020” sort of deal. And in our usual manner, most of the stuff we’ve picked is stuff you won’t hear the mainstream talking a great deal about!

Please, as they say, look forward to it. In the meantime, here’s a roundup of what you might have missed in the last week.

Q&A: November 2020

Welcome to the first of what will hopefully become a monthly feature, in which I invite my S-Rank Patrons to submit some questions for me to mull over, then I answer them in a video at the end of the month!

We kick off this month with a series of four interesting and varied questions that cover my workflow (and workload), plus my all-important opinions on both the Shantae and Super Mario series.

Enjoy the video below, and don’t forget to subscribe on YouTube for more. If you’d like to be part of the next Q&A, sign up to become an S-Rank Patron at my Patreon page here: https://patreon.com/petedavison

Around the Network

Hello everyone! Hope you’re well. I’ve been enjoying the new Lynx collections for the Evercade this weekend — expect some articles and videos about those very soon.

As we head towards December and a potentially confusing holiday season, it’s business as usual here at MoeGamer Towers. I likely won’t be doing a full MoeGamer Awards for the whole month this year, however; with the majority of my attention being heaped on the Atelier series (and a fair amount still left to go!) I don’t want to do a bunch of awards that are nothing but Atelier games. Though I have written about a fair few other bits and pieces over the year, too, so there will be some awards posts along the way — maybe one a week. We’ll see.

Anyway, enough blathering about things that haven’t happened yet — you’re here to find out what you might have missed in the last week. So let’s take a look!

Around the Network

Morning everyone! Wasn’t feeling too hot this weekend just gone (still not feeling too hot, to be honest) so this kind of slipped my mind, but here we are now!

You may have noticed a few “From the Archives” posts popping up this week. This is due to the recent news that the entire staff of my former place of employment, USgamer, has been laid off, and the future of the site is uncertain. With that in mind, I wanted to ensure that I preserved some of the pieces I wrote during my time there that I was most pleased with — and which are still relevant.

You’ll see more of these in the coming weeks and months, so keep an eye out for them, especially if you missed them first time around! In the meantime, let’s check out what you might have missed in the last week.